AWC Friends & Credit
At AWC, we realize that no person has done anything completely on their own. Randy, our founder, credits his ability to instruct these techniques to the years of combat training, mentors, friends, and experiences he has had over the years. Other companies or trainers may slander or defame those they view as competition. However, Randy believes in giving credit where it is due. He believes when you train with as many people as possible, you become well-rounded in effective self-defense and see what works for you and what doesn't. He would like to mention a few groups of people and friends that helped him on his journey to becoming the instructor he is now.
- Naval Special Warfare: The Teams
- NSWATC Combatives Department: The Boys
- United States Marine Corps
- 4S Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu—Thank you, Sensei Andrew, for all the support, training, help, and allowing AWC to utilize your facility!
- TAGWest (The Arena Mixed Martial Arts School, San Diego)—Thank You, Lucas! The six-week combatives program would not have been possible without your support and coaches.
- Coaches: Charles Martinez, Jake Mapes, Vince Salvador, Jesse Taylor, Cosmoe Cala, and Willie Laureano—to Name a Few
- Keith Daris
- Josh Amaro
- Nick Moreno
Friends of American Warrior Combatives
- Dana Ben Kaplan: Owner/Operator Krav Maga San Diego
- Grep Thompson: Owner/Operator of Special Operations Combatives Program (SOCP)
- Jake Mapes: Owner/Operator of North Coast BJJ
- Tony Eduardo: Owner/Operator Clube e Escola de Tiro .38
- Ryron & Rener Gracie: Gracie Survival Tactics (GST)